Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Day 5!

Day 5 of our week-long Virtual Party! What shall we have a look at today?

Let's talk about punches!

I love the punches. I wish I had many of them. They make life SO easy.  Not only that, but the cut-out shapes look so much nicer with the punch than by cutting them out with scissors. Okay, well, at least in my case.

There are so many projects in the catalogues and that I find online where there are nice circles, squares, other shapes, so clearly punched and perfect, that I sometimes think I should scrap everything else I think about ordering just to get more punches. Especially since I only have one right now. lol.

If you follow the link, it will take you to Stampin' Up's current punches. They are really so easy to use. I only have the Stampin' Up Cupcake Punch at the moment:

I will, however, be getting this one with my next order:

Both of these punches, as well as other punches, coordinate with a stamp set (or several!). The Cupcake Punch can punch some of the stamped images from the Create a Cupcake set:


If you look in the catalogue on p. 68, you will see that 3 of the images in this set have light outlines around them. Anytime you see that in the catalogue, it means that there is a punch that you can use to have a cut-out of the shape rather than just the stamp! (Also note that in the bar with the price and name, there will be a little note about where to find the coordinating punch or punches.) Of course, you don't have to stamp to use the punch--you might just want to use the punch with coloured card stock or a specific paper. You can see how to use a punch through many YouTube videos. Here is one about the Cupcake Punch. As you can tell, the potential combinations are ENDLESS.

You can see all the shapes you can make with the punches starting on p. 209. If you are looking at the catalogue online, keep in mind that the actual catalogue, the one you can hold in your hands, has the images at the size they will punch out. Online, keep in mind that the actual catalogue pages are 8.5" x 11". If you can get the catalogue to show up that large on your screen, you will have an idea of how big the punches are.

It's getting close to the time to order! What I will need you to email me (those who know my personal email or know me in Facebook can contact me that way, or even just phone me!) are:
*the item code (the little number that goes with the item),
*the name of the item, 

*your phone number and address (so I can make arrangements to drop the items off when they come in!) 
*and how you intend to pay. I can accept PayPal, I can take your credit card information or for people I know personally, I am willing to get payment by cash or cheque when I drop off the order. If you are placing an individual order online, you can just go through my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment