Thursday, August 9, 2012

Updates coming!

I've been meaning for ages to get to this blog and just haven't. I have pictures of projects to share and all that; I just need to be able to get that all organized and transferred to a computer.

In any case, I felt like blogging about my newest stuff. :) I got a shipment yesterday, a shipment I forgot I was expecting. lol. It's been a busy week! Looking after my two nieces and nephew, taking all five kids (those three plus my two) to swimming every day, busy long weekend... It completely slipped my mind. It was a delightful surprise! :D

I didn't get a lot of stuff this time, a little more than enough to get the Reason to Smile stamp set for $5. The image is no longer available on the website because it was a limited offer, but you can see projects for it here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=23222

I decided to start investing in markers. I see so many projects where markers were used directly on the stamps to create a multicolour image and I decided to go ahead and make a small investment to start. I picked two sets:

and .

We were heading off to the pool right after I got the shipment, but seeing the markers (and going, "Oh yeah! I forgot I was getting those.") I decided to try something really quickly. This is what I did:

(Sorry, I know the image isn't the greatest! I'm rushing! lol)
Another great thing with using markers is that if you want just part of the stamp, you can easily have just part of the stamp! This is something I really like for the sentiments, since sometimes they have extra stuff I just don't want. (Btw, the letters above were done with the 2011-2012 In Color set.)

I will post back as soon as I can with recent projects! .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment